The deep Nature of People
We see people as fundamentally good. As social beings with innate wisdom and compassion capable of co-existing harmoniously while honoring their individuality and interests.
Our work is based on teachings of the self-regulating and self-healing powers in the personality, and the healing and developing possibilities of relationships. Our work is a search for resources. This Buddhist view on humans is parallel to modern research in psychotherapy and altruism. There are fascinating parallels of western science with the wisdom of ancient Buddhism – for Buddhists knew centuries ago that we can end our self-destructive habits.
The importance of the body
It is important for anyone practicing meditation in the west to place awareness firmly back in relation to feeling and the body. The bodywork we share is gentle and mindful. It is based on the Tibetan Yoga (Kum Nye).
Usually we flee from the physical sensations into our minds. We turn feelings into thoughts, and we push the bodily aspect away. But our emotional states are physical experiences. When we experience the complexity of our emotions as physical experiences they become more tolerable. In this way, transformation and healing may happen naturally.
Our work supports you in:
- Developing a solid and healthy sense of your social self.
- Combining psychodynamic understanding with meditation and spiritual experiences.
- Getting deeper into meditation without being lost or getting hooked on lofty experiences.
- Healing the wounds that most of us are inflicted with during upbringing – whatever the intentions and qualities of our parents.
- Recogizing and resting in your indestructible core, what is sometimes called Buddha-Nature or pure awareness.
Emotional Alchemy and Transformation
Most people experience anger, sadness, despair. Most people want to get rid of the difficult emotions, to skip the pain and go directly to the joy of being. But real freedom comes from the ability to allow feelings to arise, to appear, play themselves out and leave on their own. That is the training of true equanimity.
In our work you will practice how to create an internal environment in which you can experience any feeling without suppressing or becoming overwhelmed by it.
- Bring unused resources into your everyday life.
- Learn to stay connected with the energy of painful emotions.
- Attend to and befriend the energy of your emotions and mindfully surrender to it.