- December 28th, 2018 - January 1st, 2019
4:00 pm - 10:00 am
See event on website: www.retreats.dk/kalender/nytaarsretreat-28-12-18/
The new year retreat is an invitation to slow down and shift from the doing mode to the being mode. To allow yourself to be in a place of openness supported by the guidance of the teachers and the presence of the group.
Together we rest in the very nature of your being, in what is sometimes called the natural state, original mind, pure awareness, no mind, or simply emptiness.
All Buddhist traditions consider it important to understand the selflessness of the individual in order to gain liberation from suffering. The reason for this is that all suffering comes from believing the self is truly existent. This insight into selflessness leads naturally to heartfelt compassion, the wish to free others from their struggle.
Our confusion results in taking the self and everything that affects it very seriously, and we become fixated on our problems. But in fact, the self does not exist in a separate, solid, independent way. It is made up through the mental process of selfing, like the self that appears in a dream.
Stephan Pende will introduce you to different techniques from the Tibetan Traditon to experience your inborn freedom and compassion.
Stephan Wormland, MA in clinical psychology, has studied and practiced meditation in multible Buddhist traditions for over 30 years. Stephan was a monk in the Tibetan tradition for 11 years, spent five years in meditation retreats, and teaches meditation in Buddhist centers in Europe.
Place: Røsnæs Naturskole, Røsnæsvej 458, 4400 Kalundborg, Denmark
Dates: 28.12.2018, 16:00 – 01.01.2019, 10:00
– Price: 3,900 DKK (400 DKK discount for unemployed and students)
– The price includes accommodation in simple dorms and wonderful vegan meals (morning, lunch and dinner)
– The retreat is held in silence and all teachings are in English
– You must bring your own sheets and duvet covers
– You can either arrive in your own car or by train to Kalundborg where we can pick you up
– No prior knowledge or experiences are necessary
– You are guaranteed to be in safe hands
– Limited to 20 participants
– Latest registration by November 20th
– If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
Emilie & Rasmus (organizers)